His Royal Highness Prince Andrew, The Duke of York KG, will join Premier Steven Marshall and Minister for Industry and Skills David Pisoni, for the official opening of the Innovation, Incubation Start-Up and Growth Hub at Lot Fourteen on the old Royal Adelaide Hospital site.
The Hub, officially named FIXE@Lot Fourteen, is poised to position South Australia as a world-leading start-up state where entrepreneurs with bright ideas can establish their business at the 23,500sqm CBD site.
“The South Australian Government has an ambition to have a higher rate of business start-ups in our state than anywhere else in Australia,” said Premier Steven Marshall.
“A smaller state like South Australia provides the ideal environment for entrepreneurs to grow their ideas and this Hub will give them the necessary tools and allow easier collaboration, which will ultimately let them thrive in fast growing industries including cyber security, defence, space and robotics.
“It will help increase entrepreneurial activity, employment and economic growth across South Australia and keep our state at the forefront of global innovation and enterprise.”
Today the Premier also announced that curation of FIXE@Lot Fourteen will involve input from the newly established Entrepreneurship Advisory Board.
Members of the board include:
- Co-Founder and Director Suntrix Solar, Jenny Paradiso
- Partner and Co-Founder of 11point2, George Freney
- Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Dtex Systems, Mohan Koo
- Managing Director of Jumpgate Virtual Reality, Anton Andreacchio
- Chief Executive Officer of Fleet Space Technologies, Flavia Tata Nardini
- Director of Stilmark Telecommunications, Steven Butler
The Minister for Industry and Skills David Pisoni said the Hub, and Entrepreneurship Advisory Board will showcase and champion South Australian businesses, entrepreneurial talent and the impact they have on South Australia.
“Engagement with our entrepreneurial community will ensure the best and most effective support is provided,” Minister Pisoni said.
“We want those with imagination and initiative to take a leap, to bring their ideas to life and to build and grow their businesses here in South Australia.”
FIXE@Lot Fourteen will be an environment where:
- New entrepreneurs are encouraged and supported to develop their ideas;
- Existing businesses are encouraged to explore new technologies to build on their established success;
- Investors can readily identify opportunities to back emerging and growing businesses; and
- Successful entrepreneurs can mentor and guide future entrepreneurs.