Andrew McLachlan CSC MLC
Member of the Legislative Council
Andrew McLachlan was elected to the South Australian Parliament in March 2014. Prior to entering Parliament, Andrew held senior leadership and executive positions in the financial services industry.
Andrew is a Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia and the Financial Services Institute of Australasia. During his career he served on the national executive of the Trustee Corporations Association of Australia and on the compliance and investment boards of the Financial Services Council. He also served as the Director of the International Centre for Financial Services at the University of Adelaide. Prior to taking up executive appointments, Andrew worked as a lawyer specializing in superannuation, banking and finance law.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Adelaide, a Master of Laws from the University of Edinburgh and a Master of Business Administration from the Australian Graduate School of Management (University of Sydney and University of New South Wales).
Andrew currently serves on the following Parliamentary Committees:
- Legislative Review Standing Committee;
- Crime and Public Integrity Policy Standing Committee;
- Budget and Finance Select Committee;
- Sale of Government Owned Land at Gillman Select Committee;
- Emergency Services Reform Select Committee;
- Printing Sessional Committee; and
- Select Committee on the Statutes Amendment (Decriminalisation of Sex Work) Bill 2015
Office Contact Details:
Parliament House, Adelaide SA 5000